This page is being updated in live time with new information and resources for businesses during the COVID-19 crisis as it becomes available; please check back for updates.
Disaster and recovery funding options
Loan and grant programs are available for businesses impacted by COVID-19 in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Here are the programs and COVID small business loans that are currently available:
SBA relief programs
Other national disaster and recovery funding programs
- AT&T Dream in Black: Share your story for a chance to become an AT&T Black Future Maker. Inspiring. Visionary. Culture Shaper. These are the qualities of a Black Future Maker. Dedicated individuals pursuing greater good. If this sounds like you, then AT&T wants to celebrate your journey. Learn more here.
- COVID-19 Relief on IFundWomen: Supporting women entrepreneurs has always been IFW’s #1 priority. From grants to free coaching to daily encouragement, they are working overtime to help women-led small businesses weather the storm. Learn more about their funding and support options here.
- First Strides Grant Program: Together with IFundWomen, Johnnie Walker is continuing to fund, mentor, and champion trailblazing women-owned businesses by awarding 10
businesses each with a $10,000 grant. Applications are being accepted through December 31, 2022. Apply here today!
- Hello Alice is a COVID-19 Resource Center that assists 360,000 business owners in navigating the new normal with access to funding, e-learning guides, and mentorship. They provide access to all owners including women, people of color, Military-Connected owners, the LGBTQ+ community, entrepreneurs with disabilities, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. Find more information here.
- The Alibaba.com Manifest Grants Program: The Alibaba.com Manifest Grants Program will provide $10,000 cash grants + up to $5,000 logistics support to 50 small businesses that have innovative product ideas strategies. In addition, one grant recipient from the 50 winning businesses will be selected in February to receive additional funding and be featured at Alibaba.com’s next global event for having the most innovative product! The deadline to submit your application is October 31st, 2022. Learn more and apply here.
- The Amber Grant Foundation, founded by WomensNet, is giving away at least $10,000 every month to honor the memory of a very special young woman, Amber Wigdah. Rolling applications are due at the end of every month. Learn more and apply here.
- The FedEx Entrepreneur Fund: The FedEx® Entrepreneur Fund, in collaboration with Hello Alice and the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN), will provide $10,000 grants to 30 small businesses owned by military-connected entrepreneurs and/or people with disabilities in the United States. The deadline to submit your application is October 31st, 2022. Learn more and apply here.
- The Small Business Relief Fund: Powered by GoFundMe in partnership with Yelp, Intuit QuickBooks, GoDaddy and Bill.com, this fund offers up to $500 in grants for businesses that raise $500 in funding through the GoFundMe platform. More information is available here.
- Small Business Growth Fund: The Small Business Growth Fund provides the capital entrepreneurs need to make their next big move. Each recipient will receive a $5,000 grant, provided by Mastercard, to accelerate their growth and continue to help make 2022 the year of their small business. The deadline to submit your application is October 14, 2022. Learn more and apply here.
- Stacy’s Rise Project: Stacy’s Rise Project invites women entrepreneurs in the food and beverage consumer packaged goods space to take part in this groundbreaking program. It’s made possible by their partnership with Hello Alice — a free platform that supports small business owners looking to learn and grow. The deadline to submit your application is October 21, 2022. Learn more and apply here.
NYC disaster funding programs
- Bring Back Brooklyn Fund Loan and Grant Program: Brooklyn Alliance Capital, Inc. provides financing to under-served minority and immigrant entrepreneurs and low-income small business owners to increase financial stability and foster economic growth that will create jobs in Brooklyn. Get more information and apply here.
- Coronavirus Financial Impact Loan Program provides interest-free loans of $2,000-$5,000 to residents who are facing financial challenges caused by the Coronavirus outbreak. View more information and apply here.
Other Local & Regional Funding Programs
- Child Care Deserts Grant (RFA #2 for Existing Providers): The standard definition of a child care desert involves not having enough licensed/registered child day care slots to adequately serve the number of children in a geographic area. For this funding opportunity, the geographic area used to measure population is a census tract. An area is identified as a child care “desert” if there are three or more children under the age of five per available child care slot in local day care centers, family day care, or group family day care programs. Learn more and apply here today.
- COVID-19 Capital Costs Tax Credit Program: This $250 million program provides financial assistance to NYS small businesses burdened with a range of operational costs stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Program offers qualifying businesses relief by providing tax credits to help reduce the pandemic-related financial impact. Learn more and apply today.
- Consolidated Funding Application: As part of New York’s transformative plan to improve the state’s economic development model, a NYS Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) has been created that will streamline and expedite the grant application process. Learn more about ongoing CFA projects and how to apply here.
- FAST NY Shovel-Ready Grant Program: ESD will provide up to $200 million in grants to prepare and develop sites statewide to jumpstart New York’s shovel-readiness and increase its attractiveness to large employers, including high-tech and semiconductor projects and other manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and logistics businesses. More information about the program is available here.
- Global NY Grant Fund Program: ESD is providing grants of up to $25,000 to help companies start exporting or increase their global exports. Grants of up to $100,000 are available to not-for-profit organizations that provide export assistance and trade education to New York State companies. Learn more about the program and apply here.
- Meet in New York Grant Program incentivizes the return of conferences, meetings and trade shows that generate significant tourism economic activity (e.g., overnight stays, dining and other tourism activities) by covering a portion of the cost of event-based discounts at conference spaces and partnering hotels. Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2022. Learn more and apply today.
- ReCharge NY: Qualifying businesses and nonprofits can potentially lower their energy costs by using specially allocated NYPA power which is set aside by the state government and the NYPA board for economic support. Companies receiving allocated power have made commitments such as remaining in the state, keeping or growing employment, expanding operations, and/or making significant local investments in their businesses. Learn more and apply here.
- New York State Seed Funding Grant Program: The Seed Funding Grant Program is designed to support New York State small businesses, micro-businesses and for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations that started operations on or after September 1, 2018 and have been operational for at least six months before an application is submitted. Applicants must have between $5,000 and $1 million in gross
receipts per year as reflected on their most recent federal business tax
return. More detailed guidelines can be found here.
- Cattaraugus County:
- Microenterprise Development Loan Fund creates opportunity for the establishment and expansion of microenterprise business, to promote employment opportunities for low to moderate income residents, and to preserve and expand the county’s tax base. They’re offering term loans to qualifying businesses for machinery, equipment, fixed assets, inventory, capital improvement, and/or working capital. Learn more and apply here.
- Erie County:
- Microenterprise Grant/Loan Program offers $5,000 to $35,000 for working capital or the purchase of machinery and equipment to start or grow your small business. The first payment can be deferred for six months. More information and the application is available here.
- Storefront Revitalization Program provides grant funds to eligible businesses throughout Erie County that may have lost revenue during the COVID pandemic, assisting them with exterior façade upgrades and improvements that will help to attract new customers, business, and revenue. Grants of up to $40,000 will be made available per business. More information about the program and application process is available here.
- WEDI’s Microloans program is tailored to meet the needs of entrepreneurs seeking small amounts of capital ($500-$20,000) who lack access to traditional financial institutions. WEDI provides extensive pre-loan assistance and financial education/coaching to entrepreneurs and partners with other regional CDFIs such as Pursuit to offer larger participation or expansion loans to clients who require greater amounts of capital. More information about the loan program and application process is available here.
- Genesee County:
- Microenterprise Loan Program assists in the establishment, expansion, and retention of small businesses in the county. Eligible borrowers must be micro-enterprise business owners. Funds may be used for any legitimate business purpose including, but not limited to, capital equipment, inventory, working capital, and expansion/improvement of commercial space. Learn more about the program and apply here.
- North Country:
- Niagara County:
- City of Niagara Falls MWBE Grant provides up to $50,000 for existing New York State certified Minority and Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) businesses located in City of Niagara Falls, New York. Learn more about the program and apply here.
- KIVA Rochester Small Business Aid: The KIVA Rochester crowdfunding platform is offering interest-free loans up to $15,000. Learn more here.
- Small Business Matching Grant Program provides matching grants of up to $8,000 for advertising, technology, alarm systems, and more. Retail and select consumer services with annual gross revenues of $5 million or less, operating in accordance with Zoning regulations are eligible to apply. Learn more about the program and apply here.
- Targeted Business Revitalization Grant assists businesses growing and creating jobs with annual gross revenues of $5 million or less with expansion and/or business retention projects. Assistance may be provided to those businesses adversely impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic. Learn more and apply here.
- Westchester and Long Island:
- The Coronavirus Financial Impact Loan Program provides interest-free loans of $2,000-$5,000 to residents who are facing financial challenges caused by the Coronavirus outbreak. View more information here.
- Western NY:
- The Soil Fund: Black-owned business and Black-led nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply for a Groundswell Grant from The Soil Fund. Organizations dedicated to improving access to food, housing, transportation, and cultural and historic assets will be prioritized—each receiving $15,000 or more. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Learn more and apply here.
- Wyoming County:
- Re-Start Wyoming Loan Program provides assistance to small businesses that have been impacted by the COVID-19 health crisis and to help “re-start” their businesses as governmental orders restricting business operations are eased or lifted. Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2022. Get more information and apply here.
How to request a deferral for your Pursuit loan
We are working with existing Pursuit clients on a case-by-case basis to potentially modify and/or defer payments on loans to provide immediate cash flow savings. If you are a current Pursuit client requesting a deferral, please submit an online request here. If you have loans with other lenders, we encourage you to contact them directly about payment assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
View our list of Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Resources. There you can find answers to common COVID small business loan questions.
Other COVID-19 resources
- [On demand webinar] Business Health During a Pandemic, hosted by Pursuit
- [On demand webinar] Business Recovery: Digital Marketing Strategies to Try Now, hosted by Pursuit
- [On demand webinar] What to Consider as You Re-Open Your Business, hosted by Pursuit
- [On demand webinar] How the New PPP Forgiveness Rules Impacts Your Loan, hosted by Pursuit
Regional and Local Resources
New York – Statewide
- NYS businesses can receive assistance completing applications for the SBA Economic Injury Loan Program through their local Small Business Development Center. You can schedule an appointment on the SBDC website.