Start or grow a meaningful career at Pursuit
If you’re looking to blend a career in financial services with a career in serving others, look no further than Pursuit. Join our team of mission-focused professionals dedicated to helping communities and economies grow through business lending.
We offer a highly-acclaimed internship program as well as full time roles at our headquarters in Albany, NY and New York, NY as well as full time roles across New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
For general employment inquiries and to apply for an open role, please contact Toniann Datello, human resources director, at [email protected].
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Employee – Full Time
Title: Senior Small Business Financial Management Advisor/Consultant
About the Company
At Pursuit, our mission is simple: to provide businesses with affordable loans and resources so that they can reach higher, transform and grow. Pursuit is a community-focused lender where businesses can access more than 15 loan programs that provide financing from $10,000 to $5.5 million with affordable rates and terms. Last year alone, Pursuit provided more than $234 million in funding through 488 business loans, creating more than 2,900 jobs. Pursuit is a nationally recognized organization that focuses on serving businesses and lending partners in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
About the Job
The Senior Business Advisor / Consultant is responsible for providing direct consulting services to small business owners to produce concrete financial management and strategic planning deliverables. These engagements are designed to help underserved entrepreneurs formalize business practices and develop better financial management practices such that they can grow revenues, create and retain jobs in their community, and utilize capital effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct business assessments and develop work plans that address business needs.
- Provide high impact consulting to upgrade financial management systems, improve accounting systems, migrate businesses to QuickBooks, create financial management procedure manuals, create or fix financial statements, and develop strategic or growth plans.
- Conduct follow-up assessments and check-ins with clients.
- Manage engagements to ensure quality service and work, together with other staff, to ensure that all Pursuit goals and funder goals are met or exceeded.
- Manage reports and IT systems related to tracking and reporting on consulting engagements.
- Additional position related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, or related field preferred.
- Significant proficiency and minimum of five (5) years’ experience in small business accounting, consulting services, or small business financial education/training.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification preferred.
- Superior presentation/training, business consulting, technical and writing skills.
- Clear communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strategic & organizational competence—i.e. exercising leadership to improve program design and the quality of business advisory services, the ability to set and manage timelines, commitments, and deadlines with ease.Minimum of 1 year of experience in commercial loan processing or two years of experience in customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel and visit clients primarily in the Downstate NY region.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding nondiscrimination. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law