Connecticut Small Business Loans
Small Business Loans in Connecticut
They say that Connecticut has eight distinct regions, but we say that it’s simply one great state for small business. Pursuit is a leading small business lender in New York State, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and now, we’re in Connecticut, too, to help entrepreneurs get the funding you need to succeed. We provide small business loans in CT for startup expenses, growth strategy, and more. We serve businesses that are currently in Connecticut and those that are expanding or relocating here, including SBA Microloans and our own products, too. Learn more about our business loan solutions for Connecticut entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Connecticut: Ideally situated for small business success
The small state of Connecticut presents a big opportunity for entrepreneurs planning to apply for a small business loan.
While relatively small in square mileage – you can drive north to south in just about an hour, and east to west across the state in about two – Connecticut has more than 3.6 million people living here. It also offers great proximity to major U.S. markets, including New York City and Boston, with metropolitan populations of about 19 million people and five million, respectively – in fact, Connecticut is the southernmost state in New England and its southeastern region is considered part of the New York Metropolitan region. It’s also home to some of the highest per-capita and median household incomes in the U.S.
Eastern parts of the state – including the coastal region that borders Long Island Sound – are home to several of Connecticut’s larger cities and luxury residential enclaves, while the central part of the state includes the state’s capital, Hartford, which has a rich heritage of finance, industry, and insurance operations. Travel to western Connecticut and discover some of the most beautiful rural and forested land you’ll find anywhere in New England.
Here are more reasons why now’s a great time for entrepreneurs in Connecticut to apply for a small business loan to grow their ventures:
- According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), 97% of the businesses in Connecticut have fewer than 500 employees, which shows how important cultivating and keeping small businesses is to Connecticut’s leaders. The state’s Office of Small Business Affairs provides resources and guidance to help entrepreneurs in all stages of business. It includes information on business incubators, innovation centers, research and development assistance, and more.
- Connecticut has a diverse mix of people living and working in its urban centers, luxury residential enclaves, suburban settings, rural landscapes and collegiate towns, and there are a huge range of needs and interests that small businesses can serve.
- Its major cities, including Bridgeport – the most populous city – and the capital, Hartford, are mixed commercial and residential areas with a wealth of small business opportunities to meet the needs of its financial services, technology, health care and insurance-industry bases.
- Heritage enclaves like Greenwich and New Canaan are two of Connecticut’s many distinguished residential communities, as well as some of the wealthiest per-capita areas in the U.S. Here, you’ll find outstanding opportunities for boutique shops, fine dining, personal-care services, residential construction and renovation, and much more.
- More than 30 colleges and universities serve students, faculty and staff throughout the state, including the University of Connecticut and Yale University. They provide a tremendous range of opportunities for small businesses from research and development partnerships to restaurants, bars, retail spaces and galleries.
- Rural towns like Litchfield Hills in the northwest are home to family-owned agricultural businesses, legacy horse farms and forestry operations, with growing opportunities in organic farming, advanced agriculture, and forestry management.
- The state’s eastern border is the Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean is nearby, making it a great vacation destination that’s easy to access but still relatively undiscovered – and businesses in hospitality, restaurants and retail can thrive here.
Although the cost of leasing or purchasing commercial real estate in Connecticut varies by region, in many communities, you’ll find commercial spaces that are more affordable than many other areas in the New York Metro region – and the same goes for housing, too.
Pursuit is here to meet the funding needs of small businesses throughout Connecticut
Whether you’re a lifelong Connecticut resident considering launching or expanding a business here or interested in relocating your business to Connecticut, Pursuit has CT small business loans to support your success.
Small business loan options in Connecticut:
- Our Pursuit SmartLoan, available from $10,000 to $100,000, is a terrific option when you need funding for expenses like securing a lease, purchasing inventory, office equipment, marketing and staffing. Applying online is easy, approvals take just two business days and funding is typically received within five days of approval.
- The Connecticut Small Business Boost Fund provides low, fixed interest rate small business loans up to $500,000. This fund is supported by the state of Connecticut to help businesses recover and grow in the wake of the COVID pandemic. This loan is a perfect option when you need financing for working capital, inventory, and more to keep your small business moving forward.
Pursuit can help your Connecticut small business get the loan you need
Pursuit is a leading small business funder that’s helped thousands of businesses in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey – and now, we’re thrilled to be part of Connecticut’s small business success, too. We offer loan options with flexible uses, competitive interest rates, beneficial terms, and more. Look at what we have available along with real-life success stories that show how we’ve helped businesses like yours. Then contact us today to learn more about the ways that we can help your Connecticut-based business, too.
Get in touch with us today
Pursuit has funded successful small businesses all over Connecticut and we can help yours, too. Contact us today and learn more about how a loan from Pursuit can help your CT-based business launch, grow and succeed!