Queens Small Business Grant Program
COVID-19 relief funding to support your Queens-based business
COVID-19 has presented numerous challenges for businesses at every turn. As you work hard to pivot and meet new guidelines and regulations, you can find support through the Queens Small Business Grant Program.
Your Queens-based business can apply for a COVID small business grant up to $20,000 to support your business during this challenging time. The program is made possible through the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYC EDC) and community-based organizations including Pursuit.
Get started on your application today to access grant funding to keep your Queens-based business moving forward.
For Queens-based businesses
Up to $20,000 in grant funding
COVID-19 relief funding
Queens Small Business Grant Program details and eligibility
Through the program, you can apply for a COVID small business grant in an amount equal to three months of your average 2019 revenue, up to $20,000. In order to apply, your business must:
- Be located in Queens
- Operate as a first-floor storefront business, a second-floor restaurant, or a street vendor*
- Have employed 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees in 2019
- Have earned gross revenue of less than $1 million 2019, or less than $3 million if you are applying as a restaurant
- Have no tax liens or unresolved judgments
- Have generated a profit or came close to breaking-even in 2019
- Have been in business since June 2019
*Storefront businesses include food service, retail, childcare, for-profit arts centers, gyms/fitness centers, and personal services (such as a barber or nail salon). Professional services including accountants’ or attorneys’ offices are not eligible even if they are operating in a first-floor space.
What documents are required for the Queens Small Business Grant Program?
To be considered for the program you must submit a complete application and the following documents:
- 2019 tax returns (can be personal or business, whichever version includes your business’s revenue)
- A signed copy of a 4506-C form for your submitted tax return
- Business bank statements from the three most recent months
- Copy of a government-issued identification card
- If requested, a letter from your business’s landlord, on the landlord’s letterhead, stating that you are meeting your current obligation to the landlord
If you are a street vendor, you will also need to submit:
- Your most recent New York State Quarterly Sales Tax filing
- Your General Vendor License (if relevant to your vendor type)
- Your Mobile Food Vending License (if relevant to your vendor type)
How can I get started on my application?
If your Queens-based business meets the criteria above, you can reach out to Pursuit by email at [email protected] to get started. Our team will help you navigate the application process
The Queens Small Business Grants Program is administered by Pursuit Community Finance