Business Loans in Rochester, NY
Entrepreneurial Appeal Built on a Legacy of Success
Is it the mix of urban sophistication, hometown friendliness and intellectual achievement that makes Rochester one of Upstate New York’s most attractive cities? Or its supportive business environment – one that’s fostered several of the world’s most influential companies and well-known brands, such as Eastman Kodak, Xerox Corp. and Bausch & Lomb and contemporary powerhouses, like beverage giant Constellation Brands and upscale grocer Wegmans Food Markets? Rochester’s all this and more — as a starting ground for big business names, there are many options for business loans in Rochester to fund your ambition.
It’s home to best-in-class public schools and higher-education superstars, like Rochester Institute of Technology and University of Rochester, that have placed it among the top metropolitan regions for patents-issued-per-million and earned the leading rank for optics research.
And when Rochester’s entrepreneurs aren’t spending their time discovering new ways of helping people look at and enjoy our world, they know that the region’s plentiful amenities – outdoor sports and recreation, world-class museums and proximity to several Great Lakes and Finger Lakes – make it an outstanding place to live.
The city’s past and present Fortune 500® companies tell where its particular industry strengths are found – engineering, optics, education and health care – while up-and-coming focus areas also include:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Optics and photonics
- Food and beverage manufacturing
- Software and IT
True to its roots, Rochester’s redevelopment also includes several business and technology parks; municipal, county and statewide business incentives; entrepreneurial programs and incubators, including Startup NY and NextCorps; and multiple collaborations between the area’s outstanding technical, trade and post-secondary schools and businesses for research and development, production and patent work.
Business hubs in and around Rochester
In addition to industries that are thriving, several neighborhoods in Rochester are undergoing redevelopment and offer great opportunities and incentives. They include:
- Inner Loop/East End: What had been a desolate and divided area just a few decades ago is now a vibrant mixed-use area that’s become a national model for urban revitalization and inclusive infill projects.
- Cascade District: Another mixed-use redevelopment area that’s capitalizing on Rochester’s historic, manufacturing-based architecture.
- Midtown District: Rochester is reimagining its former retail-centric hub, including its historic department stores, as mixed-use venues for living and working.
Pursuit is laser-focused on your success
From craft breweries to specialty machining, Pursuit has the funding you need to support your Rochester-based business. Among our most popular business loans in Rochester are:
- Pursuit SmartLoans, ranging from $10,000 to $100,000, that are a great option for businesses that need capital for staffing, inventory purchases, marketing, small equipment and day-to-day needs. SmartLoans have a quick online application and with approvals in just two business days and money in your account in five business days, you can launch, grow, expand and succeed quickly.
- SBA 504 loans are the go-to option for projects that involve purchases, construction or renovation of commercial real estate. They’re the go-to loan for businesses that need specific locations and equipment, such as advanced manufacturing and machining, optics and photonics, health care and technology, with:
- Financing up to 90% and loans up to $5 million
- Fixed rates
- Repayment terms up to 25 years
- SBA 7(a) loans are ideal when businesses need general financing beyond the limits of our SmartLoans, with funding up to $5 million for industries such as retail, hospitality, professional services and food-and-beverage businesses.